Monday, February 14, 2011

New Product Lights the Night for Mom and Baby

No matter where your baby is sleeping, one of the challenges of night time nursing is how to get to the baby and get it positioned and latched on in the dark - or without waking the whole family by turning on lights.

Many moms also do their night time nursing in a location or position that's not conducive to safe or comfortable sleep, and worry about dozing off with the baby.

My daughter Ellie has been in the family bed from birth, but it was several months before we perfected the side-lying position, and before she could latch without seeing what she was doing.

So, we slept with way too many lights on, and I usually spent a few hours each night dozing while sitting up with her on the Boppy. (Not a very safe cosleeping arrangement!)

The Nighty-Night Nursing Light solves both of these problems. This small night light clips onto mom's pajamas, and not only provides a soft glow right where it's needed, but it even includes a vibrating alarm, to wake mom (but not baby!) and remind her to move back to a more safe or comfortable location when the baby is done nursing.

Boy, I sure could have used this products a couple of years ago!

When Ellie was two months old (and had only been nursing for about three weeks, which is a whole other story) we visited my family for Christmas. The only night light available for our bedroom was a motion-sensitive one, which was plugged in right beside the bed.

When she was nursing on my right side, I could wave my left arm to turn the light on, but when she nursed on the left, I had to flap my leg around off the side of the bed, until I activated it!

My partner found my acrobatics pretty entertaining, but Ellie and I would've been much happier if we'd had a Nighty-Night Nursing Light!

No comments:

Post a Comment